Dear Brown School Community,
The violence in Israel and Gaza is weighing heavily on all our hearts. It is essential to remember that within our own community, there are individuals who have loved ones residing in Israel and Gaza, directly impacted by the chaos brought about by this war.
Unfortunately, the assault has now evolved into a humanitarian crisis affecting both Israelis and Palestinians, leading to ongoing casualties and trauma, especially among innocent children and families. Please check in with each other, ensuring that everyone feels cared for and supported. If you need additional assistance, please don’t hesitate to reach out. I’ve also included a list of resources below for further support.
Dorian Traube, PhD, LCSW (pronouns: she/her/hers)
Neidorff Family and Centene Corporation Dean and Professor
Brown School at Washington University in St. Louis
- Counseling services are being offered through the Habif Health and Wellness Center. Call 314-935-6695 or email the mental health coordinator at MHSCoordinator@wustl.edu.
- TimelyCare physicians and counselors are available to students 24/7. Learn more about TimelyCare and download the app.
- Let’s Talk – Brief, drop-in consultations with Habif counselors via Zoom
- If you are concerned about a friend or another student you know, you can contact WashU Cares at 314-935-3566, or share information through the WashU Cares referral form.
- Center for Diversity and Inclusion.
- The Office of Religious, Spiritual, and Ethical Life
- WashU Hillel, 6300 Forsyth Blvd. Jacki Ulin Levey, ED, Rabbi Jordan Gerson 314-935-9040
- Chabad on Campus, 7018 Forsyth Blvd., Rabbi Hershey & Chana Novak, Directors 314-721-2884
- Jewish Family Service, 10950 Schuetz Rd., Creve Coeur, 314-993-1000
There will be a Jewish Community Solidarity Gathering on Wednesday, October 11, from 5:30 – 6:30 at the Jewish Community Center, 2, Millstone Campus Drive, Creve Coeur.
- The Islamic Foundation of Greater St. Louis, Inc., 517 Weidman Rd., Ballwin, MO 63011, 636-394-7878
In addition, we welcome conversations with you to help you navigate these resources. If you would find this helpful, please contact:
- Da’Shaun Scott, Assistant Director for Student Engagement, Dashaun@wustl.edu
- Elise Harvey, Academic and Student Support Services Advisor, email@example.com
- Ragini Maddipati, Assistant Dean for Academic Programs, firstname.lastname@example.org, (314) 935-4185
Faculty & Staff Resources: