MSP Global Partner Program Applicants
Students in select graduate programs at the following universities may be eligible to apply to the MSP Global Partner program:
- East China University for Sciences and Technology
- Fudan University
- Hebrew University
- Hong Kong Polytechnic University
- Nankai University
- Peking University
- Renmin University of China
- Xi’an Jiaotong University
In addition to the MSP application requirements, international applicants must meet the following criteria:
Degrees earned outside the U.S. must be determined equivalent to a U.S. bachelor’s degree. Unofficial electronic or scanned student-issued copies of transcripts should be provided for application review, as instructed in the MSW application requirements. You must also provide a certified English translation if your educational documentation is not in English.
Unofficial transcripts reflecting progress in the current graduate program should be included in the application for admission.
Demonstration of English Proficiency
International applicants whose native language is not English must provide proof of language proficiency through the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL), the International English Language Testing Systems (IELTS), or the Duolingo English Test.
Test scores are valid for two years. Applicants must meet minimum score requirements and submit official score reports electronically to the Brown School.
- TOEFL iBT: minimum composite score of 90 required; score of 100 preferred. Applicants must request that ETS release official TOEFL iBT test results to Washington University in St. Louis school code 6929.
- IELTS: minimum overall band score of 6.5 required; score of 7.0 preferred. Applicants must provide a Test Report Form (TRF) number in the application and request that IELTS release official test results to Washington University in St. Louis Graduate Programs.
- DUOLINGO: Minimum score of 115 required; score of 125 preferred. Applicants must request that Duolingo share certified test results with Washington University in St. Louis – Brown School (Graduate Program).
EXEMPTIONS: International students meeting any of the following criteria are exempt from the English proficiency requirement:
- Applicant is a citizen of Australia, Cameroon, Commonwealth Caribbean nations, Ghana, India, Ireland, Kenya, Liberia, New Zealand, Nigeria, Singapore, Uganda, the United Kingdom, Zambia, or Zimbabwe.
- Applicant has completed three or more years of study in an English-medium academic program at a university in any of the above countries, Canada, Hong Kong, South Africa, or the United States.
International applicants not meeting any of the above criteria for exemption must provide test scores.
Proof of Financial Support
Washington University is required by law to certify that international students have adequate financial resources to pay for their expenses while attending school before initiating visa processes. If admitted to the program, international students must provide financial documentation demonstrating their ability to cover educational and living costs for the academic year. Instructions for submitting the required documents will be provided after admission.
Please visit the website for Washington University’s Office for International Students and Scholars (OISS) for additional resources for international students.