MSP Admissions Timeline
The Brown School opens the MSP application in September, and accepts one cohort each year for the fall semester. Spring entry may be available in some circumstances for specific MSP applicant statuses. Applications are accepted on a modified rolling basis; however, applicants are strongly encouraged to apply early. Apply for the MSP here.
- Priority Consideration: Apply by December 1. Applicants completing by the early action priority deadline will receive admission and scholarship decisions beginning in January, and no later than February 1.
- Regular Decision: Apply between December 2 – March 1. Applicants completing by the March 1 priority deadline will receive priority admissions and scholarship decisions within 6-8 weeks.
- Rolling Admissions: Apply after March 1. Applicants completing after the priority deadlines can typically expect admission and scholarship decisions within 4-6 weeks; decisions are made based on availability. Application closes July 1.
- Confirm Intent to Enroll: By May 1 (or within 3 weeks if admitted after April 15). Admitted students must confirm their intent to enroll by submitting a $200 tuition deposit. International admitted students must submit the Washington University Affidavit of Financial Support to confirm intent to enroll. Some scholarship offers may require accelerated responses from candidates.
Federal Loan & FAFSA Timeline
(U.S. citizens, U.S. permanent residents, or eligible non-U.S. citizens)
- Complete Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA): After October 1. Complete the FAFSA by March 1 to be eligible for a Federal Work-Study award.
- Financial Aid Package Determined: 3-4 weeks after admission decision (if FAFSA has been submitted).
- Federal Work-Study Awarded: After May 1
Find additional information about the federal financial aid process here.