Xuan Huang is a doctoral student in Social Work at Washington University in St. Louis. Her research interests include identifying social and cultural factors related to interpersonal violence, preventing violence, healing trauma, and building resilience. Also, she attempts to adopt evidence-based practice strategies to promote healthy relationships and reduce traumatic events and impacts in different cultural settings. She is co-founder of an NGO Brighten Youth Up Institute that works to find local solutions for preventing and intervening in bullying in Chinese contexts. Xuan earned her MSW from Brown School in 2011. Before entering the social work field, she was a newspaper reporter.
- Program: PhD in Social Work Student
- Preferred Pronouns: She/her
Areas of Focus:
- Child Trauma and Resilience
- School Bullying Prevention
- Social Work Practice with Children, Youth, and Families