Ryan Lindsay’s career has focused on training new and experienced providers in various evidence-based treatments, consulting with organizations on how to implement evidence-based programs, and aiding organizations in program development utilizing evidence-based principles.
At the Brown School, he chairs, teaches and advises students within the Mental Health concentration in the Master of Social Work program. Lindsay completed a post-master’s fellowship in the Department of Psychiatry and Social Work within the University of Michigan Health System. As a result, he developed specialties in several evidence-based treatments. Currently, he is a Certified Dialectical Behavior Therapist by the Linehan Board of Certification, an expert in the application of Prolonged Exposure Therapy for complicated PTSD, and a trainer in Motivational Interviewing.
Lindsay’s early experience working in both the public and private sectors sparked a desire to increase community access to evidence-based treatments and programs. In 2009, Lindsay co-founded Sparlin Mental Health to bring high quality, evidence-based, and trauma-informed services to the St. Louis region.
- Associate Professor of Practice
- MSW, University of Michigan
- Office Phone: 314-935-4469
- Email: email@example.com
Areas of Focus:
- Dialectical Behavior Therapy
- Prolonged Exposure Therapy
- Cultural adaptations and implementation of evidence-based treatments
- Competency development of mental health professionals
- Assessing, Intervening, and Managing Suicide in Schools/School Suicide Prevention Policies