Video Interview Process for Brown School Applicants
The Brown School requires applicants to the MSW, MPH and MSP programs to complete a video interview for admission consideration.
The interview is an asynchronous assessment in which you will be asked to submit timed responses to pre-recorded questions. The interview allows us to meet you virtually and gain a clearer sense of all you hope to achieve at the Brown School, while offering you a space to expand on the information shared in your application. You will access the interview online, on your own time, from a computer device equipped with a webcam and microphone. There are no wrong answers to the questions you’ll be asked in this interview.
The Kira platform is fully accessible in accordance with WCAG 2.0 AA standards. If you anticipate extenuating circumstances or experience barriers preventing you from completing the interview, please contact our office as soon as possible upon submitting your application to discuss alternate interview options.
The video interview process is simple:
- You will be asked a series of questions. Before you answer each question, you will be given a set amount of time to prepare, and then a set amount of time to respond. Your responses will be recorded and submitted to the Brown School’s Admissions Committee.
- You will only have one opportunity to answer each question.
- One question will require a written response; all other questions will require oral responses.
- The interview takes approximately 20-30 minutes to complete and may be done on your own time.
- You must complete the interview in one sitting.
- Technical support is available 24 hours a day from the platform host, Kira Talent. If you need assistance, you can click the ‘Need help?’ button or email email@example.com.
Before you begin the formal interview, you will access a set of practice questions:
- You will be allowed to take unlimited practice questions.
- Practice questions are designed to increase your comfort using the platform; you will practice submitting a written and oral response.
Please refer to the following set-up instructions before starting the interview:
- Your personalized link to the online video interview will be generated within the Washington University Graduate Admissions Portal. Note for MPH applicants: you will receive an email invitation to create your admissions portal account after you have submitted your application in SOPHAS.
- The interview must be submitted in order for your application to be considered complete. If you anticipate being unable to complete your interview in a timely manner, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You can register first and then complete your interview immediately or at a later time; if you are applying by one of the priority application deadlines (December 1 – Early Action; March 1 – Regular Priority Consideration), the interview must be complete by the date of the application deadline.
- When registering, use the same name and email used in your application for admission.
- You will need an internet-connected computer with a functioning keyboard, webcam and microphone. Smartphones and tablets are not supported.