Admitted Students Week 2023 was held March 27 – April 1. You can find an overview of the weeks schedule and links to sessions recordings below.
Schedule of Events
Monday, March 27
A look ahead to the week’s programming
Registrants received an email from our office detailing the week’s events, as well as links to pre-recorded content.
Tuesday, March 28
A preview of Brown School Student Life
- 4:15 PM: Peer Mentor Panel – Virtual and In-Person – Brown Hall Room 118
Wednesday, March 29
A virtual welcome from our community, curriculum overviews, and an international student panel
- 8:00 AM: Virtual International Student and Alumni Panel – Watch on YouTube or Watch Zoom Cloud Recording
- 12:00 PM: Virtual Welcome with Associate Deans – Watch on YouTube or Watch Zoom Cloud Recording
- 12:30 PM: Virtual Curriculum Overviews
- MSW Program – Watch on YouTube or Watch Zoom Cloud Recording
- MSW Advanced Standing Program – Watch on YouTube or Watch Zoom Cloud Recording
- Part-Time MSW Program – Watch on YouTube or Watch Zoom Cloud Recording
- MSW/MPH Dual Degree Program – Watch on YouTube or Watch Zoom Cloud Recording
- MPH Program – Watch on YouTube or Watch Zoom Cloud Recording
Thursday, March 30
A virtual curriculum overview for MSP students
Friday, March 31
An opportunity to meet our Student Ambassadors
- 12:00 PM: Student Ambassador Drop-In Office Hours (virtual)
A documentary screening & discussion
- 6:00 PM: The Kinloch Doc Screening & Discussion – Brown Lounge, 2nd Floor Brown Hall
- Through the eyes of former/current residents, former and current local officials, and scholars, this film shows the implications of two major political decisions – a city merger and the Lambert Airport buyout – on the life of this all Black north county suburb of St. Louis, Missouri. Learn more.
Saturday, April 1 – A day of in-person programming on our beautiful St. Louis campus.
The event included the following sessions:
- 8:00 AM: Check-In, Grab & Go Breakfast
- 9:00 AM: Welcome
- 9:30 AM: Curriculum Overviews
- 10:30 AM: Faculty Roundtables (with Molly Metzger, Molly Pearson, Darrell Hudson, Dalychia Saah, Barry Rosenberg, Lorien Carter)
- 11:30 AM: Networking Fair
- 12:00 PM: Lunch
- 1:00 PM: Student Panel – Watch on YouTube or Watch the Zoom Cloud Recording
- 2:00 PM: Closing Social/Optional Brown School tours
Things to Do in St. Louis
If you’ll be visiting from out of town, we encourage you to spend some time exploring our city.
- Learn more about St. Louis here.
- Explore Forest Park, a highly rated urban park just across the street from our campus, here.
- Want to extend your visit to St. Louis? Check out these upcoming events.
- St. Louis is a great place to grab a bite. Explore the STL dining scene here. The closest neighborhoods to campus are Clayton, the Central West End, and University City/Delmar Loop.
There are plenty of places to stay around town, but here are a few nearby hotels to get you started. Be sure to ask if they have a discounted rate for WashU visitors—some hotels do!