MSW Dual Degree Seeking Applicants
Working in partnership with other schools and programs at Washington University in St. Louis, the Brown School offers structured dual degree programs that allow you to earn a Master of Social Work degree in combination with another graduate degree in a variety of disciplines, including public health, social policy, business administration, education, law, architecture, and urban design. In partnership with Eden Theological Seminary, students may pursue a dual degree in professional studies or divinity.
Separate applications are required for each program and are reviewed independently according to each program’s unique admissions criteria. Please review all admissions requirements and deadlines associated with the programs to which you are applying.
Applicants must complete the MSW application and apply separately to the other program through the appropriate Washington University School:
- Architecture (MSW/MArch) – Sam Fox School of Design & Visual Arts
- Business (MSW/MBA) – Olin Business School
- Education (MSW/MAEd) – Graduate College of Arts & Sciences
- Law (MSW/JD) – School of Law
- Public Health (MSW/MPH) – Brown School
- Social Policy (MSW/MSP) – Brown School
Applicants for dual degrees in partnership with Eden Theological Seminary must apply through Eden to their program of interest: Divinity (MSW/MDiv) or Professional Studies (MSW/MAPS)
Additional Considerations for Dual-Degree Applicants:
- Be sure to indicate your dual-degree interest in both applications for admission.
- Only one video interview is required for applicants applying concurrently to two Brown School programs (MSW/MSP or MSW/MPH).
We also welcome applications from students currently enrolled in Washington University’s MArch, MBA, MAEd, JD, or MPH programs who wish to add the MSW and pursue the dual degree.