3-2 MPH Program Applicants
The 3-2 MPH program application is available exclusively to current Washington University undergraduate students in their junior year of study in the College of Arts & Sciences. The program allows students to earn their bachelor’s degree and a graduate degree in public health in five years.
Applicants must be on track to complete all of their undergraduate distribution and major requirements by the end of their junior year, with elective credits available to be applied toward MPH course credit during their senior year (first year of the MPH program).
Additional information about the 3-2 MPH program and eligibility requirements can be found here.
Special Instructions for 3-2 MPH Applicants
In addition to carefully reviewing the MPH application requirements, 3-2 MPH applicants must take note of the following instructions:
- Washington University undergraduate students must apply to the 3-2 MPH program through SOPHAS – the centralized application service for public health.
- 3-2 applicants may contact the Brown School Office of Admissions & Recruitment to request SOPHAS application fee assistance.
- In the SOPHAS Academic Program Finder, select the Public Health 3-2 Program designation under Washington University in St. Louis – Brown School Public Health Programs within the SOPHAS portal.
- A link to initiate the Brown School 3-2 Program Eligibility Form through DocuSign will be available in the Program Materials: Questions section of the SOPHAS application.
- 3-2 applicants are responsible for initiating the DocuSign eligibility form during the application process; the form must be completed and signed electronically by your undergraduate advisor(s) and Associate Dean of the College of Arts & Sciences to confirm your eligibility for the 3-2 program and complete your application.
- 3-2 applicants should apply early in the spring of their junior year so that fall coursework can be considered; the application should be submitted by March 1 of junior year.
- Official transcripts reflecting junior year fall grades must be submitted directly to SOPHAS. Washington University transcripts can be sent electronically to SOPHAS through Parchment. You will enter your academic information in the Academic History: Colleges Attended section of the SOPHAS application and follow the prompts to order your official transcript.
Complete MPH application instructions are available here.