MPH Graduate Credit Transfer Applicants
The Brown School welcomes applications from students wishing to transfer from another graduate institution, subject to our policies for credit earned prior to enrollment.
Master of Public Health program applicants who have completed graduate-level coursework in a public health school or program accredited by the Council on Education for Public Health (CEPH) may request to have previous coursework evaluated to transfer a maximum of nine (9) credit hours towards MPH program requirements.
Courses are evaluated independently, and must meet the following criteria to be considered for transfer credit:
- Course must have been taken at the graduate-level in a CEPH accredited public health school or program; courses taken in a school or program that is not CEPH accredited are not eligible for transfer credit.
- Course must have been campus-based or taken online directly through a school or program; online courses taken through online platforms that partner with schools or programs are not eligible.
- Course must have been taken within six years prior to matriculation at the Brown School.
- Course must not have been used towards completion of another graduate degree.
- Student must have received a minimum course grade of “B” (3.0 on a 4.0 scale; official transcript required).
- Student must be able to provide a copy of the course description and course syllabus.
- Academic credit will not be offered for life or work experiences.
Meeting eligibility requirements does not guarantee transfer credit will be granted.
Transfer of Credits:
Applicants interested in receiving graduate transfer credit applicants must contact the Brown School Office of Admissions & Recruitment to initiate the transfer credit evaluation process. Instructions for completing the MPH Transfer Credit Request form will be provided.
It is the applicant’s responsibility to request transfer credit evaluation by submitting the MPH Transfer Credit Request form and all supporting documents as early as possible in their admissions process. Requests for credit evaluation will not be accepted after September 1 of the first term in which a student matriculates. Incomplete submissions will not be evaluated.
Courses are evaluated in conjunction with the MPH Program Office. Applicants will be notified of evaluation results via email from the Brown School Registrar within two to three weeks of submission.
Courses completed in a CEPH accredited program may be evaluated for credit towards foundation-level coursework or elective requirements (maximum of 9 credit hours). Practicum hours are not eligible for transfer.
Transfer credits will be reflected on the student’s Brown School academic transcript.